This is an amazingly delicious recipe! I found it on Pinterest a few months ago and have since made it twice. It just wouldn’t be fair for me to not share it with everyone! I promise you’ll love it! Not much to do either…just throw everything in your slow cooker and let it do its thing! (This recipe did say you can use your own homemade spaghetti sauce but I’m not really into making my own…I just let me makers of Ragu do that for me!)
- 24 oz jar prepared spaghetti sauce + 1/2 lb browned ground beef + 1/2 lb browned Italian sausage
- 1/2 bag (4.5 oz) fresh spinach leaves
- 4 C chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 16 oz frozen cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine spaghetti sauce (and meat if adding it in separately), spinach, cream cheese, chicken broth, and mushrooms in a slow-cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, on high for 2-3.
- 20 minutes before serving, turn heat to high if it isn’t already an stir in frozen tortellini. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender and hot.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.